Plastics Recycling is the process of recovering different types of plastic material in order to reprocess them into varied other products, unlike their original form. An item made out of plastic is recycled into a different product, which usually cannot be recycled again.
Before any plastic waste is recycled, it needs to go through five different stages so that it can be further used for making various types of products.
- Sorting: It is necessary that every plastic item is separated according to its make and type so that it can be processed accordingly in the shredding machine.
- Washing: Once the sorting has been done, the plastic waste needs to be washed properly to remove impurities such as labels and adhesives. This enhances the quality of the finished product.
- Shredding: After washing, the plastic waste is loaded into different conveyer belts that run the waste through the different shredders. These shredders tear up the plastic into small pellets, preparing them for recycling into other products.
- Identification and Classification of Plastic: After shredding, a proper testing of the plastic pellets is conducted in order to ascertain their quality and class.
- Extruding: This involves melting the shredded plastic so that it can be extruded into pellets, which are then used for making different types of plastic products.
Plastics Recycling not only promotes proper utilization of plastic waste but also helps conserve the environment, making it cleaner and greener.