A linear polymer, High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is prepared from ethylene by a catalytic process.
- High stiffness
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Good dimensional stability
- High specific gravity
- Excellent resistance (no attack) to dilute and concentrated Acids, Alcohols and Bases
- Good resistance (minor attack) to Aldehydes, Esters, Aliphatic and Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Ketones and Mineral and Vegetable Oils
- Limited resistance (moderate attack and suitable for short term use only) to Halogenated Hydrocarbons and Oxidizing Agent.